Areas of Expertise
- Succession & Continuity Planning
- Family Governance
- Board Development & Effectiveness
- Communication & Conflict Management
- The Five Fundamental Building Blocks of Strong Family Businesses
- Stay Focused on the Fundamentals: The Five Building Blocks of Strong Family Businesses
- Looking at Family Business Trends with 2020 Vision
- The Family Constitution: A Foundation for Family Alignment
- From Partners by Chance to Partners by Choice: Building Trust-based Partnerships with Siblings and Cousins
- From Partners by Chance to Partners by Choice: The 7 Cs of Trust-based Partnerships
- “That’s Not Fair!” Creating Compensation and Employment Policies
- Emotional Ownership
Dana Telford is a principal consultant specializing in helping family business owners plan for succession and manage the complexities and opportunities that are inherent to family business. He works with controlling owner, sibling partnership and multi- generational family enterprises of all complexities and sizes, and across multiple industries. His former and current clients include leaders from Forbes’ list of the world’s wealthiest, a royal family and two of the largest privately held businesses in the world.
He has advised hundreds of business families on six continents and in more than 18 different countries, including Switzerland, India, China, Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, Australia, Greece, Saudi Arabia, Belgium, Brazil, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates. Dana has done work in a variety of industries including real estate, automobile dealerships, construction, farming, medical services, health insurance, manufacturing and banking.
Dana has co-authored two books that have sold over 70,000 copies in four languages; the national bestseller The Integrity Advantage: How Taking the High Road Creates a Competitive Advantage in Business and Integrity Works: Strategies for Becoming a Trusted, Respected and Admired Leader. He has been a guest lecturer at Harvard Business School, the University of Utah, USC, Cal State Fullerton, the University of Louisville, the University of Wisconsin, Centenary College, Thunderbird, Gonzaga and the American University of Kuwait. He has been a guest on ABC and FOX television and his research and writing has been quoted in Investor’s Business Daily, The Chicago Tribune, The Orange County Register, Toronto Globe and others.
Dana is a third generation member of a U.S.-based commercial real estate firm.
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- Graduated Phi Beta Kappa, University of Utah