Stephanie Brun de Pontet, Ph.D.
Areas of Expertise
- Continuity Planning
- Ownership Alignment
- Board Governance
- Family Governance
- Next Generation Development
- Leading Generation Transition
It is such a gift to be part of a team of practitioners who approach the important work we do for clients with experience, thoughtfulness and care – and bring that same approach to our support for one another and firm collaborations.
- Leading Your Family Business During a Crisis
- Successful Family Directors Are Not Born, They Are Planned and Developed
- The Family Director Guide: How to be Effective Inside and Out of the Boardroom
- How Family Businesses Thrive in the Green Revolution
- Transitioning from the Top: Personal Continuity Planning for the Retiring Family Business Leader
- Planning What’s Next: How Great Family Business Leaders Plan for an Enriching Retirement
- From Leadership to….? Planning for a meaningful future when you are no longer at the helm
- Ensuring that family business owners are strong contributors to the board
- Embracing Change and Honoring the Past: The Challenge of Family Business
- Please Welcome to the Stage, in their New Role…
- Building a Successful Family Business Board: A Guide for Leaders, Directors, and Families
- Mindfulness Brings Calm, Compassion and Creativity to Family Enterprises
- Should I Leave the Family Business? To Go or Not to Go
- Message over Medium: Modern Communication in the Family Business
- Deeply Held Values Enable Genuinely Rewarding Life
- Minority Shareholders & Limits to Liquidity: Another Important Case for Shareholder Education
- The Case for Clarity on Future Ownership
- Developing the Sibling Partnership
- Listening to Our ‘Youngers’
- We’re All in Agreement, Why Do We Need to Keep Talking About Succession?
- Addressing the Fears that Come with Succession
- Avoiding Family Cutoffs
- Vaccinating with Values: Family Business Antidotes to ‘Affluenza’
- Siblings and the Family Business: Making it Work for Business, the Family, and the Future
Stephanie Brun de Pontet, Ph.D.
Stephanie Brun de Pontet, Ph.D., is a principal consultant of The Family Business Consulting Group. She specializes in advising family enterprises facing important transitions, helping families get aligned on their vision for a shared future, and guiding the development of the decision-making structures that support that vision.
A recognized expert on the topic of continuity planning, Stephanie advises clients on drafting needed policies and governance structures, as well as building a framework for next generation collaborations.
In addition to her extensive work in business and family governance, Stephanie has experience working with sibling and cousin teams, and developing training programs to educate next generation family members.
Stephanie is the author of Transitioning from the Top: Personal Continuity Planning for the Retiring Family Business Leader, a practical book that takes an in-depth look at the dynamics and challenges for leaders in transition. The book provides actionable tools and insights to support this critical process. In addition, Stephanie is the co-author of Building a Successful Business Board and Siblings and the Family Business, two well-regarded books published by Palgrave.
- Best Family Business Dissertation – Family Firm Institute (2008)
- Best Proposal Award – Family Enterprise Research Conference (2005)
- Ph.D. in clinical psychology – Concordia University, 2008
- M.A. in clinical psychology – Concordia University, 2004
- M.B.A. – University of Toronto, Rotman School of Business, 1994
- B.A. – University of Pennsylvania, 1990
A recent empty-nester, Stephanie is adapting to a quiet life at home, cooking, exercising and spending time outdoors. As a nature lover, she’s a fierce proponent of our National Parks. And secretly pretty crafty – Stephanie’s known for making crazy cakes for her children.