During this webinar, our governance experts lay the groundwork for family directors to develop their own skills while gaining an understanding of how effective boards work. Topics include:
- Characteristics and responsibilities of effective boards
- How qualified family directors add value inside and outside of the boardroom
- Critical skills and competencies for family directors to develop
- Preparing for the director role, from board meetings to stakeholder communication
- Inside the boardroom: when to engage and when to listen
- Understanding expectations and sourcing the right help and resources
This webinar is ideal for:
- Family directors who are either new to their role or established and looking for fresh ideas to further their development
- Family members considering joining the board of directors
- Board leaders seeking to build board effectiveness
- Family owners in the beginning phase of establishing a functioning board
This 1.5-hour recording includes Q&A from attendees.
- Handout: Sample Board of Directors Evaluation
- The Special Role of Owners on Family Business Boards
- Ensuring that family business owners are strong contributors to the board
- Governance Beats Avoidance for Long-Term Family Business Harmony
- A planning guide for transforming your company’s board of directors
- Getting the Right Mix of Family Members and Independents for a High-Performance Family Business Board
- Attracting Top Board Talent: The Power of the Board Prospectus!
- Next Generation Development with a Mentor Team
- Transitioning the Board for a New Generation
- How should family businesses cultivate and prepare the next generation for board service?
- Hop on Board: Integrating New Directors with a Continuous Onboarding Process
- Report Cards as a Family Business Tool
You can also access hundreds of in-depth articles written by our team that address the unique challenges faced by family enterprises from communication and conflict to succession and continuity. Visit our Article Library.