Michael L. Fassler
Areas of Expertise
- Succession & Continuity
- Conflict & Communication Management
- Shared Leadership Offers Growth Opportunities for the Family and Enterprise
- From the Front Lines of Family Business: Responding to the Coronavirus Crisis
- Should We Hold, Sell or Consolidate Ownership of the Family Business? Navigating the Discussion and Decision Process
- The Family Director Guide: How to be Effective Inside and Out of the Boardroom
- Good Governance for Family and Business Success
- Forming an Effective Family Business Board: Advisory vs. Fiduciary
- Selecting Board Members: Guidelines for an Effective Nominating Process
- Family Owner Development — The Foundation for Continuity
- Understanding Profitability in the Family Business
- Managing Risk in the Family Enterprise: It’s More than Financial
- Risk Management Conversation Starter
- Accountability in the Family Business: Creating a Culture for Success
- The Importance of Investing in “Good Feelings”
Michael L. Fassler
Principal consultant Mike Fassler provides family business planning services with a focus on helping his clients grow their relationships, capabilities and capital. Mike has been serving family businesses since 1984, across industries and internationally.
Mike helps families develop and implement plans and decisions for succession, governance and strategy. Most of his work is focused on family businesses owned by sibling teams and cousin teams with an emphasis on helping clients balance the tension of family and business as their families and businesses grow.
He understands how to teach and motivate family business leaders to develop and use decision making, communication and reward structures which help them become more effective in achieving personal, family and business goals.
Prior to joining The Family Business Consulting Group, Mike served as vice president and managing director for the consulting division of AgStar Financial Services, a $6+ billion total asset financial services company. In addition to leading the consulting business unit, Mike also served on AgStar’s senior leadership team. Before AgStar, Mike served as president and was a principal of Salisbury Management Services, later acquired by AgStar Financial Services.
- Certificate in Family Business Advising, The Family Firm Institute
- M.S. in Agricultural Economics, Michigan State University
- B.B.A. in Finance, University of Notre Dame
Mike and his wife Annie reside in Kalamazoo, MI from where Mike travels to work with his clients.