Joshua Nacht, Ph.D.
Areas of Expertise
- Multi-Generational Families
- Ownership Development
- Next-Gen Development
My approach always begins with learning from family members and appreciating all of the perspectives involved. Family businesses are complex, and integrating all the viewpoints is an opportunity and challenge. I like to give families the guidance and insight so that they can develop their own solutions.
- Are We All in Agreement? Effective Decision-Making in Family Businesses
- Team Building in the Next Generation: Preparing Future Leaders
- We are the Champions: Developing Family Leaders to Sustain the Family Enterprise
- Building a Foundation for Multigeneration Success: How Enterprising Families Become Champion Families
- Family Champions and Champion Families: Developing Family Leaders to Sustain the Family Enterprise
- Rekindling the Magic in Your Family Meetings
- Family Business Meetings: Proper Planning for Effective Results
- Family Champions: Energy for Success
Joshua Nacht, Ph.D.
Joshua is a senior consultant with The Family Business Consulting Group, and works with business families to help them become more intentional and organized to achieve their goals. He’s adept at working with multigenerational families to integrate their diverse perspectives and create structured plans for continuity.
Joshua has helped family businesses of all sizes create and develop governance forums, communication and decision-making processes, ownership development initiatives, and family retreat planning.
An active collaborator and thought leader in the field, Joshua is co-author of numerous articles. He’s the co-author of the book Family Champions and Champion Families, which explores the role of family leaders in creating enduring business family success.
Joshua has also presented on a range of issues, including next-generation leadership development, multiple roles, incorporating married-ins, and creating generational cohorts.
- 2016 FFI Best Dissertation Award
- PhD: Saybrook university, 2015
- MA: Naropa University, 2007
- BA: Cornell College, 1996
Joshua lives in Lyons, Colorado where he enjoys cooking, listening to music, mountain biking, and nature excursions with his partner Gillian and his children Benjamin and Naomi. Prior to earning his doctorate, Joshua led wilderness skills trips and worked as a counselor with individuals and families.