Making decisions as shareholders of a family business can be downright complicated! And it’s no wonder. Families are made of different generations with built-in family dynamics that increase in complexity as the family shareholder group grows.
This webinar untangles that complexity by sharing practical tools and case studies on how to align your family with an effective decision-making process. We’ll help you define who and how decisions are made and to make the process crystal clear.
- Why effective decision-making is important to the success of a family business
- Tools to determine where decisions might fall
- Becoming an engaged decision maker
- The importance of Fair Process and focusing on the greater good of the whole
- How to get unstuck and create an environment for success
The recording runs one-hour and includes Q&A.
- Worksheet: Decision-Making Matrix
- Fair Process: So Important, So Subtle
- Developing the Sibling Partnership
- Sibling Code of Conduct
- Decision Making on Family Business Matters
- Managing Risk in the Family Enterprise: It’s More than Financial
- Solving the Puzzle of Ownership Alignment in a Family Enterprise
- Are You Providing Decision-Making Opportunities for the Next Generation?
- From Partners by Chance to Partners by Choice: The 7 Cs of Trust-based Partnerships
You can also access hundreds of in-depth articles written by our team that address the unique challenges faced by family enterprises from communication and conflict to succession and continuity. Visit our Article Library.
- Family Champions and Champion Families: Developing Family Leaders to Sustain the Family Enterprise
- Keeping the Family Business Healthy: How to Plan for Continuing Growth, Profitability, and Family Leadership
- Siblings and the Family Business: Making it Work for Business, the Family, and the Future
- Developing Family Business Policies: Your Guide to the Future
Services for Building a Stronger Family and a Stronger Business
How do we help bring your family into alignment? The process begins by understanding the various aspects of the family and the business, including family dynamics and history, vision, mission, and culture as well as the structures of ownership and governance that interact with these systems. From there, we start to determine where the biggest opportunities are to establish agreement on key issues around the business, as well as what areas of education and facilitation will help equip shareholders to be effective stewards of the family’s legacy.
To learn more about how organizing and educating the family can support family enterprise success, please contact us at email@example.com or 773-604-5005.