Many families use family meetings as the platform for building family cohesion, educating multiple generations of shareholders, and keeping the family connected with the business. Often, families launch a family meeting program with great enthusiasm and then struggle to sustain energy and engagement throughout the family over the long term.
During this one-hour program, Barbara Dartt and Joshua Nacht explore connecting with your sense of purpose for family meetings, and ways to evolve those goals as the family grows. We will also look at tangible ways to foster engagement, connectedness, and build the energy among the group to help craft family meetings that bring full value for family members.
Topics covered include:
- Connecting with your WHY to construct a successful family meeting.
- Adapting the goals and approach of family meetings over time.
- Rekindling the energy in meetings to build engagement with complex, multigenerational families.
- Building strength by integrating diverse perspectives and viewpoints.
- Identifying new approaches for families to create more enthusiasm, transparency and connection.
- Family Business Meetings: Proper Planning for Effective Results
- Rules of Communication in Family Meetings
- Level the Playing Field: Bringing All Voices into Meetings
- Client Wisdom on Family Meetings
- The “Ins” and “Outs” of Family Meetings
You can also access hundreds of in-depth articles written by our team that address the unique challenges faced by family enterprises from communication and conflict to succession and continuity. Visit our Article Library.
- Family Meetings: How to Build a Stronger Family and a Stronger Business
- How Families Work Together
- The Family Council Handbook: How to Create, Run, and Maintain a Successful Family Business Council
- The Big Book of Icebreakers: Quick, Fun Activities for Energizing Meetings and Workshops
- More than 50 Ways to Build Team Consensus
- Quick Team-Building Activities for Busy Managers: 50 Exercises That Get Results in Just 15 Minutes
Family Meeting Services
Continually evaluating the family meeting and its structure, purpose and results is an important part of keeping the family engaged and excited to participate in the family business as owners and leaders. We regularly work with families to assess and improve existing family meeting structures, create new programs, and facilitate those meetings for optimal outcomes.
To learn more about how experienced facilitation can impact your next family meeting, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-604-5005.