Working with siblings can be one of the greatest personal and professional experiences an individual can have. It can also be one of the greatest challenges, especially when the founder transitions family business ownership to the next generation. For many siblings, this is the first time they sit around a table as equals and discuss their hopes and fears for the future.
During this webinar, we’ll share three essential areas where siblings need to clarify their shared purpose and expectations for the family enterprise going forward:
- Roles and decision making: Who’s doing what? Who has what authority and autonomy?
- Leadership: Where does the buck stop? How will we determine our next leader?
- Ownership: What does ownership look like in our family business? What’s our new reality? What will change?
Investing the time and energy into these conversations will not only help with the transition but also teach siblings how to listen to each other and effectively launch their partnership.
This webinar is ideal for founders and siblings starting the planning process and those who have made the transition and need help with alignment. Running time: 60 minutes.
- The Family Business is Not a Life Sentence
- Developing the Sibling Partnership
- Sibling Code of Conduct
- From Partners by Chance to Partners by Choice: The 7 Cs of Trust-based Partnerships
- Addressing the Fears that Come with Succession
- Please Welcome to the Stage, in their New Role…
- Decision Making on Family Business Matters
- Worksheet: Decision Input Table
- Team Building in the Next Generation: Preparing Future Leaders
- Job Description of an Engaged Family Business Owner
You can also access hundreds of in-depth articles written by our team that address the unique challenges faced by family enterprises from communication and conflict to succession and continuity. Visit our Article Library.
- Siblings and the Family Business: Making it Work for Business, the Family, and the Future
- Family Business Succession: Your Roadmap to Continuity
- Transitioning from the Top: Personal Continuity Planning for the Retiring Family Business Leader
Do You Have a Succession Plan?
We can help. Succession planning is an ongoing process that includes critical decisions as well as careful planning and preparation. Our consultants can design a custom plan that aligns with your family’s values, builds a strong foundation for future business success, prepares successors for increased leadership and ownership responsibilities, and creates a seamless transition to the next generation and beyond.
To learn more about our Succession and Continuity Planning services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-604-5005.