Nicole Bettinger Zeidler
Areas of Expertise
- Next Generation Education, Team Building & Development
- Mediation, Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Strategic & Long-Term Planning
- Family Governance & Policy Creation
- Leadership Development & Coaching
- Management Development & Human Resources
I love the look of relief and excitement that comes from the first successful family discussion or decision, after much time spent in conflict, confusion and frustration.
- Navigating the Path: Exploring a Career in Your Family’s Business
- Investor Relations: Building Connections and Continuity for Family Enterprises￼
- Leaders Replacing Leaders
- Three Key Conversations for Sibling Partnerships to Succeed in Succession
- Team Building in the Next Generation: Preparing Future Leaders
- Dear Family Business Advisor: Answers to Top Questions about Family Meetings
- Family Business Employment Policies: Evening the Playing Field for the Next-Generation
- Family Business Education for the Next Generation
Nicole Bettinger Zeidler
Nicole is a consultant with The Family Business Consulting Group, specializing in communication, conflict resolution and training next generation family business leaders. Her experience includes facilitating family meetings, educating families and aligning ownership groups.
She has a personal passion and understanding of family business and succession, as her family owned and operated a grocery store for 95 years before converting into a co-operative. Nicole also spent several years as a member of the Executive Planning Committee and HR Manager of a fourth-generation family-owned construction and mechanical contracting company.
Following the transition from her family business, Nicole was the Operations Manager for the University of Wisconsin Family Business Center. Her work in programming and curricula planning helped the Center support family businesses through a variety of services, including discussion forums, training programs and educational resources.
Nicole joined FBCG in 2016 to advise and assist families across industries, sizes, issues and business cycles. A client noted: “I enjoy thinking about and answering the questions Nicole raises and believe she has made a big difference in how our family is working together.”
As a co-founding facilitator of FBCG’s Women in Leadership Peer Group, Nicole provides thoughtful leadership and advice for the unique dynamics this niche faces.
- Family Business Advising, Family Firm Institute
- Facilitation & Mediation, DePaul University, Chicago
- BA in History & International Studies, University of Wisconsin
- MBA, Roosevelt University, Chicago
Nicole lives in Madison, Wisconsin with her husband and three dogs where she enjoys reading, spending time with family and exploring the area’s many lakes.