Areas of Expertise
- Succession & Continuity Planning
- Next Generation Development
- Family & Business Governance
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Own It! How to Develop a Family Enterprise Owner’s Mindset at Every Age
- Developing a Family Enterprise Owner’s Mindset
- Building a Multidisciplinary Advising Team for Your Family Enterprise
- It’s Not You, It’s My Family’s Business: Where to Start with Cohabitation, Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Manage Change Better in Your Family Enterprise
- Ready or Not, Here it Comes! How to Manage Change in Your Enterprising Family
- Solving the Puzzle of Ownership Alignment in a Family Enterprise
- Human Resources in Family Business: Maximizing the Power of Your People
- Understanding Profitability in the Family Business
- Managing the Complexity of Human Resources in Family Firms
- Managing Risk in the Family Enterprise: It’s More than Financial
- Risk Management Conversation Starter
- Undiscussables: Dealing with the Elephants in Family Business
- The Status Effect: How Ego Plays Out in Family Firms
Wendy is a senior consultant at the Family Business Consulting Group, working closely with business leaders, family firms and boards. She brings deep knowledge and perspective to global clients across sectors, facilitating meaningful conversations with multi-generational families on governance, firm continuity, leadership, next generation preparation and conflict resolution. She is especially adept at establishing integrated governance structures for the family, business and ownership, to promote alignment, communication and harmony within and across these constituencies.
She is a partner and board director of a U.S. family firm more than 130 years old, helping to lead approximately 50 cousin partners from the third through sixth generations. Her background and experience with her own family enterprise motivated Wendy to dedicate her career to the needs of family enterprises as a consultant, educator, author and adjudicator.
As an educator, Wendy is an adjunct professor at the University of British Columbia’s Sauder School of Business, where she leads programs for business families and their advisors in the Business Families Centre. Previously, she taught board dynamics in the Director’s Education Program for the Institute of Corporate Directors at the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management.
Wendy is co-author of the book Human Resources in Family Business: Maximizing the Power of Your People, a definitive work on family firm HR strategies and tactics. A sought-after speaker, she has presented on a range of family business topics at North American conferences including the CAFÉ Symposium, Transitions East, Business Transitions Forum, and the Canadian Bar Association of BC.
Wendy is a member of the Family Enterprise Xchange Foundation’s Leadership Council, which is focused on four key areas: Learning and Development, Family Enterprise Research, Global Family Enterprise Community and Global Advisor Community. She’s also a Lead Instructor and Adjudicator for the Family Enterprise Xchange’s Advisor program, a role that ensures she brings a sense of objectivity and fairness to tricky issues at the intersection of family and business.
- Insights Discovery
- BarOn Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i)
- Ethical Fitness
- Master’s Degree in Family Systems Counseling Psychology, University of British Columbia
- Executive Master’s Degree in the Neuroscience of Leadership, Neuroleadership Institute
Wendy lives in Vancouver, British Columbia with her husband and two children.