Areas of Expertise
- Succession & Continuity
- Conflict & Communication Management
- Should We Hold, Sell or Consolidate Ownership of the Family Business? Navigating the Discussion and Decision Process
- We are the Champions: Developing Family Leaders to Sustain the Family Enterprise
- Building a Foundation for Multigeneration Success: How Enterprising Families Become Champion Families
- Family Champions and Champion Families: Developing Family Leaders to Sustain the Family Enterprise
- High Cost of Cut-offs
- High Cost of Cut-offs
Greg is a principal consultant with The Family Business Consulting Group where he is an expert on succession, governance and professionalization of the family business. His highly collaborative approach and deep knowledge of family business make him a tremendous resource for clients with complex transition issues.
Greg comes from a family business, where as president he learned firsthand their unique rewards, challenges and pitfalls. This includes the critical importance of issues such as succession planning, strategic planning and fostering healthy family business relations.
Drawing on his background as a family therapist and clinical psychotherapist, Greg has helped entrepreneurial families improve family relationships, resolve conflict and turn struggling enterprises into thriving businesses. His clients operate in a variety of industries, including the home supply industry, manufacturing, mining, farming, real estate development, financial services and food services.
Greg frequently speaks at workshops for family businesses and the professionals that serve family enterprises. He regularly receives feedback that individual audience members felt he was speaking directly to their unique family situations.
Before joining FBCG in 2005, Greg was the President of the Walter J. Greenleaf Company. After graduate school, Greg worked as a clinical psychotherapist in Boston Massachusetts before returning to Pittsburgh and his family’s business. Greg has served on many boards in the Pittsburgh area, including The Pittsburgh Opera, Allegheny College, the Mel Blount Youth Home and The Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board.
He is a member of the Family Firm Institute, the National Eagle Scout Association and the National Association of Corporate Directors.
- BS in Studio Art & BA in Philosophy, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York
- Masters in Counseling Psychology, Lesley College Graduate School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Greg and his wife Rebecca reside in Washington, D.C. and Naples, FL.