We provide qualified directors that fit your family, business and culture.When it comes to finding the right board directors for your family business, many recruiters make promises, we deliver results. We take the time to understand your family’s values, culture and mission to find candidates who share a genuine interest in your organization’s success.
Our process involves evaluating the strategic needs of your business, identifying the expertise required, and carefully selecting from our network of experienced directors who possess a deep understanding of the intricacies involved with family businesses.
The FBCG Difference
We’ve worked with over 3,000 client families in 70 countries – more family business consulting engagements than any other family business consultancy firm worldwide.
We excel in understanding multi-generational family enterprises and their advisors, and aligning diverse stakeholders throughout the board development and placement process.
We design and facilitate important conversations resulting in sustainable processes and dynamic governance structures which protect the integrity of families and the enterprise.
We have access to a unique pool of experienced candidates who possess a deep understanding and appreciation of the intricacies involved with family businesses.
Comprehensive 360 Approach
We take the time to deeply understand your family, your business and your culture – all to ensure we are sourcing candidates who are an ideal fit.
We don’t engage in financial transactions, referral fees or conflicts of interest that could undermine the independence and integrity our clients trust.
Commitment to Diversity
We provide our clients with candidates from diverse backgrounds, including race, gender, accessibility and age to empower your decision-making process and enrich your success.
Sustainability and Education
We offer governance education and tools to implement board policies to foster a robust and thriving board that can evolve and grow with your business and family.
Board Director Search Process
Our process is streamlined and efficient, ensuring that you get the best candidates for your business.
- Meet with stakeholders to align on strategic priorities for the business
- Define selection process and timeline
- Interview current directors to assess board structure, culture, strengths and areas for improvement
- Establish clear candidate criteria
- Outline important business factors and desired expertise in a board prospectus
- Identify collective search network and preliminary candidate list
- Distribute prospectus to network and potential candidates
- Leverage FBCG’s director network to further expand candidate pool
- Vet candidates’ qualifications and relevance for board opportunity
- Determine longlist of prospective candidates
- Conduct in-depth interviews to assess cultural fit and competence
- Deliver comprehensive candidate profiles to review with nominating committee
- Provide recommendations and screening support to committee
- Identify strong shortlist of candidates
- Facilitate decision-making process among the committee
- Select, prepare and integrate new board member(s)
Timelines do vary by engagement, but typically range between 4 to 8 months.
Curated by Our Consulting Team
Explore our selected resources to gain insights into finding the ideal independent directors for your family business.
When It Comes to the Family Business Board, We Wrote the Book
This invaluable guide shares how to create, evolve and leverage an effective board of directors for family businesses. "This book is an outstanding collection of 'best practices' as well as many new concepts. It both validated existing methods and introduced fresh ideas for the Advisory Board of my 102 year-old family business." ~Ron Saslow, President & CEO of Hu-Friedy Manufacturing CompanyLearn More