Areas of Expertise
- Family Meeting Facilitation
- Leadership Identification & Development
- Succession/Continuity Planning
- Next Gen Development
- Post-merger Integration
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation
- Building Strong & Healthy Cultures
- Durable Family Harmony: The Beacon for Strong Family Businesses
- Durable Family Harmony: Smoother Sailing to Family Business Success
- Walk the Talk: Building Next-Gen Communication Skills
- Preparation vs. Separation for the Next Generation
- Who am I: Helping Next Gen Find their Place in the Family Enterprise
- Looking at Family Business Trends with 2020 Vision
Tom Emigh is a senior consultant with The Family Business Consulting Group motivated by Mission, Values and Leadership. He’s passionate about helping family businesses pursue a successful and compelling mission by developing individuals and owning families to become better at everything they do.
He is concerned with the development of the person, but also quickly grasps strategic and operational processes and how systems operate throughout organizations, industries, and families.
Tom believes that excellent organizations, full of empowered leaders, can have a positive impact in our society to help all people grow and learn. Tom’s ability to quickly establish rapport and trust with all members of the business-owning family make him a thoughtful mentor, coach and facilitator as he encourages others to understand and reach their full potential.
He has extensive experience in working with family businesses, growing and developing multiple generations, guiding succession implementation, developing curricula and teaching in a variety of contexts. He brings real-world leadership experience, systems thinking and operational expertise to coaching and consulting relationships in large and small organizations.
- Doctoral work in Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Graduate degree in Counseling Psychology
- Training in Mediation