In good times and in bad, a solid foundation will help support whatever comes down the road for your family business. During this webinar, principal consultant Dana Telford shares the five fundamentals that families should not only learn, but consistently revisit and practice in order to give their business the best chance for success.
Drawing from real-life cases in his work with families around the world, Dana explains how to construct and maintain a strong foundation with the following building blocks:
- Aligned ownership
- Effective board of advisors/directors
- Strategic planning
- Merit-based leadership
- Engaged family governance
Dana also discusses how these fundamentals can help keep family businesses grounded during times of uncertainty and crisis.
- Getting into the Horizontal Box: Aligning Family Business Owners
- Solving the Puzzle of Ownership Alignment in a Family Enterprise
- Getting the Most Out of Your Board
- Governance Beats Avoidance for Long-Term Family Business Harmony
- Attracting Top Board Talent: The Power of the Board Prospectus!
- Developing a Winning Strategy for Family and Business: The Parallel Planning Process
- Getting Started with Family Governance
- What Do Family Councils Do?
- Team Building in the Next Generation: Preparing Future Leaders
- From Partners by Chance to Partners by Choice: The 7 Cs of Trust-based Partnerships
You can also access hundreds of in-depth articles written by our team that address the unique challenges faced by family enterprises from communication and conflict to succession and continuity. Visit our Article Library.
- Building a Successful Family Business Board: A Guide for Leaders, Directors, and Families
- How Families Work Together
- The Family Council Handbook: How to Create, Run, and Maintain a Successful Family Business Council
- Family Champions and Champion Families: Developing Family Leaders to Sustain the Family Enterprise
- Family Business Ownership: How to Be an Effective Shareholder
Services for Building a Stronger Family and a Stronger Business
How do we help bring your family into alignment? The process begins by understanding the various aspects of the family and the business, including family dynamics and history, vision, mission, and culture as well as the structures of ownership and governance that interact with these systems. From there, we start to determine where the biggest opportunities are to establish agreement on key issues around the business, as well as what areas of education and facilitation will help equip shareholders to be effective stewards of the family’s legacy.
To learn more about how organizing and educating the family can support family enterprise success, please contact us at email@example.com or 773-604-5005.