Areas of Expertise
- Executive & Leadership Coaching, Board Development Advising & Next-Gen Mentorship
- Family Governance, Business Governance & Policy Creation
- Organization Behavior, Organization Development & Human Resources
- Succession & Transition Planning
- Family Philosophy: Values & Purpose
- Risk Management
My career was built in the family-held business environment where I had the pleasure of working with a team that bonded over shared values. It is an honor to carry those experiences forward as a member of FBCG.
Shawna Lecuyer is a consultant with The Family Business Consulting Group with 25 years of experience working with multiple generations of families in complex business settings.
Known for her curiosity, empathy, and growth mindset, Shawna specializes in coaching and mentoring leaders to create a legacy aligned with personal values. Her expertise in both family and business runs deep, allowing her to speak the language of business, while understanding dynamics that can naturally cause conflict. She provides skills and strategies to navigate challenges, allowing authentic leadership and untapped potential to emerge.
Shawna’s passion for family-held business is rooted in experience leading in-house legal, human resources, and risk functions. She spent an appreciable amount of time building board and family governance systems with an emphasis on next-generation education and development. She has served on both fiduciary and advisory boards and is currently a board member for PrimeCare Health and the Family Office Exchange, serving as Chair of the Human Capital committee.
Today, Shawna works with enterprising families to coach family and non-family leaders, develop governance that supports board effectiveness and business perpetuation, and build cultures that foster trust. She is the author of the forthcoming book Leveraging Your Legacy that explores how operationalizing values can create loyalty and connection with top talent, customers, and generations to follow.
Shawna has been a keynote and guest speaker for organizations such as Loyola University’s Women in Business Group, The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and The North American Meat Institute where she spoke on succession planning and supporting families working together in business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Robert Morris University
- Master of Jurisprudence in Business Law from Loyola University Chicago, School of Law
- Life, Leadership, and Health coach, accredited in the Hogan Assessment, Team Management Profile, Korn Ferry’s High Potential Assessment, and the Leadership Versatility Index.
- Organizational Development from DePaul University
- Emotional Intelligence Leadership from University of Illinois at Chicago’s Liautaud Graduate School of Business and Kellogg’s Executive Development Program