Jeremy S. Lurey, Ph.D.
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Planning
- Succession Planning
- Leadership & Team Development
- Next-Gen Development
- Communication & Collaboration
- Value Creation
- Multi-Generational Families
Seeing family members have that breakthrough moment and finally get past their differences to really connect with one another is perhaps the most rewarding part of my work.
Jeremy S. Lurey, Ph.D.
Jeremy Lurey, Ph.D. is a consultant with The Family Business Consulting Group passionate about helping established families transition their businesses and transfer their wealth to the next generation. With 25 years of progressive experience as a consultant, Jeremy is a talented family advisor and business coach who guides his clients in identifying their key objectives and taking the necessary actions to achieve those personal and professional goals. His clients regularly acknowledge his ability to get them unstuck, act more “leader-like” and focus on what matters most in their lives.
Jeremy has expertise in supporting family offices and family businesses with the critical leadership and governance practices required to create more sustainable futures. From strategic planning to succession planning, he excels at supporting baby boomers transitioning into retirement and their next-gen successors accepting increased business and personal responsibilities.
Over the years, Jeremy has also supported siblings, cousins, married partners, and parents, along with their children, by regularly facilitating family forums and retreats, preparing family charters and providing family counseling and coaching beyond his direct efforts to improve performance and produce better results in their businesses.
In addition to his role as a consultant, Jeremy frequently presents at professional conferences and seminars. He has also authored several publications on change management, organization development, leadership excellence, succession planning and family business.
Before joining FBCG, Jeremy worked at both PricewaterhouseCoopers and Andersen Consulting. He also managed his own coaching and consulting practices Plus Delta Consulting, CHIEFEXECcoach, and Family Legacy 1st, where he served clients ranging from families of significant wealth to mid-market companies to Fortune 500 corporations.
- “A Well-Planned Agenda Is Key to a Productive Board Meeting” Private Company Director
- “Creating a Multi-Generation High-Performance Family” Global Family Office Community Journal
- “The Business of Fathers & Sons” Texas Independent Auto Dealers Association
- “Defining & Living Your Values as a Legacy Family” Global Family Office Community Journal
- “Steps to transition your business to the next generation” Albuquerque Journal
- “Transitioning Your Family Business to a Nonfamily CEO” Private Company Director
- “Appreciating Things Differently” Money Tale$ by Aspiriant
- “Securing Your Legacy with Proper Family Governance” Confidentially Covered by March McLennan Agency
- Former Top 40 Under 40 Executive of the Year, The M&A Advisor
- US Ambassador, Global Family Office Community
- Family Succession & Governance Expert Council Member, Global Family Office Community
- Certificate in Exit Planning, Exit Planning Institute
- Certified in Myers Briggs Type Indicator & DiSC Profile
- Ph.D., Organizational Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, 1998
- MS, Organizational Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, 1996
- BS, Communication Studies with Minor in Psychology, Northwestern University, 1994
Jeremy lives in Malibu, California with his wife Monica and their three rescue dogs Phoenix, Chloe and Raymond whom they love to walk at the beach. Jeremy is also an avid traveler, hiker and skier. He is a proud father of two children: Dylan who recently graduated college and Amanda who is now in her 3rd year.