Areas of Expertise
- Navigating Complex Family Dynamics
- Next Generation Leadership Development & Engagement
- Succession & Intergenerational Transition
- Creating Structure that Protects Culture & Relationships
- Exploring the Connection Between Wealth & Values
- Integrating Perspective from Next Generation of Ownership & Leadership
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
I truly enjoy supporting families as they navigate the complex issues related to being family members in business, when they are able to see that often they are stuck due to relationships and not business issues.
As a consultant with The Family Business Consulting Group, Jennifer specializes in helping multi-generational enterprising families navigate the complexities of family dynamics which often occur in the context of private enterprise and family wealth. Her work is focused on supporting next generation engagement and durable family harmony, creating structure and supporting continuity through the lens of family relationships. An accomplished entrepreneur, she merges her business and strategy consulting experience with her formal training as a Marriage and Family Therapist.
Jennifer understands and comfortably navigates the impact of wealth and business ownership on personal relationships, as well as the challenges — and most importantly — the potential opportunities that can accrue to a family existing in this space. She is passionate about helping families to navigate stressors, transitions and forward thinking. She is especially adept at facilitating open communication, particularly in the face of conflict and chaos, and working with clients to create structure to set and meet goals with a strategic mindset and attention to their values.
Jennifer believes that family relationships, history, culture and values should drive any work that creates structure in complex family systems. She engages in all work with clients through the lens of relationships as a priority, working to support individuals and families feel more successful both personally and professionally.
- MBA, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- MA, Marriage & Family Therapy, Fairfield University
- BA in History & Romance Language, University of Pennsylvania
Jennifer is the mother of twin college-aged girls, living in Connecticut with her family and cuckoo (yet adored) dog. She is a runner, skier, hiker and lover of anything outdoors, and thrives on visits to her extended family in Colorado and exploring mountains anywhere.