- Thursday, March 9 • 8 AM to 5 PM CT with Networking Reception & Dinner to Follow
- Friday, March 10 • 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM CT
- Venue & Accommodations: Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook, IL
Registration is now closed. If you are interested in attending this program in the future, please subscribe to our newsletter for announcements.
A Live Program for Family Enterprise Board Leaders
The Board Effectiveness Masterclass is an exclusive opportunity for board chairs, vice chairs, lead directors and committee chairs to engage in in-depth conversations with peers and experts on distinct issues that face the leaders of a family business board.
Facilitated by leading governance advisors Kelly LeCouvie and Michael Fassler, this seminar provides an insider’s view of the innovative and meaningful ways that family business leaders build thriving governance systems. The Board Effectiveness Masterclass is limited to 50 participants — early registration is highly encouraged.
Inside the Masterclass
Over two days of instruction, discussion, case review and group engagement, participants will focus on each of the following critical concepts:
- Corporate Boards Today: Emerging Trends and Challenges
- The Structure of a Leading Board
- The Culture of a Leading Board
- Panel Discussion: The Evolving Board
- Developing Organizational Accountability
- The Board Talent Lifecycle
- The Board’s Role in Enterprise Risk Oversight
- Driving Board and Enterprise Value
Learn from Each Other
One of the best ways to learn is from the experiences and insights of our peers. This program is designed to provide many opportunities to hear from others, through small- and large-group discussions, panel interviews, and informal networking.
Attendees will also meet, mix and mingle with other participants and program faculty during a relaxing reception and dinner at the end of day one.
The Board Effectiveness Masterclass is designed specifically for current board leaders to discuss the challenges inherent with their roles. Participants should expect to learn from the experiences of their peers along with the prepared instruction.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Current chair, vice chair, lead director, or committee chair for a family enterprise board of directors.
- The board must include independent directors or be in the process of adding independent directors.
- The board must consistently meet at least three times per year.
Registration is subject to approval by program organizers.
The registration fee includes advance preparation and conference learning materials, program instruction, refreshment breaks, breakfast, lunch and dinner reception on Thursday and breakfast and lunch on Friday.
- $2,900 early-bird discount ends January 20, 2023
- $3,200 fee starting January 21, 2023