Drew S. Mendoza
Areas of Expertise
- Prospective Family Client Preliminary Assessment
- Pairing Prospective Families with Best / Most Appropriate FBCG Resource
- Vetting Prospective FBCG Consultants
- Building Alignment Among Stakeholders to do this Work
We excel at protecting the integrity of the things that matter most to our clients — namely, their family, love and their enterprise.
- Preparation vs. Separation for the Next Generation
- Why the World Needs Family Business Consultants
- Adult Siblings in Family Business: Dreams Defer to Reality
- Building A Healthy Team
- Minority Shareholders & Limits to Liquidity: Another Important Case for Shareholder Education
- Developing the Sibling Partnership
- Siblings and the Family Business: Making it Work for Business, the Family, and the Future
Drew S. Mendoza
As a senior advisor of the Family Business Consulting Group, Inc., Drew specializes in assessing the needs of enterprising families. He’s completed thousands of intake assessments since the firm’s founding in 1994, and hundreds more prior to that as the founding director of a leading university-based research and learning center for family businesses. Drew’s insights provide a unique springboard to success of family firms’ engagements.
Drew is co-author of Siblings and the Family Business. He’s appeared on PBS, CNN, CNBC and NPR’s Marketplace and has been quoted in the Philadelphia Enquirer, Chicago Tribune and multiple internet media outlets. His work has been published in Family Business Magazine, Family Business Review, Family Business Advisor, and Trusts and Estates Magazine. He’s also lectured internationally to universities, YPO, trade associations and professional service organizations. In 1997, Drew provided expert testimony to the U.S. Senate Finance Committee on the impact of estate and gift taxes on family firms.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, cum laude
- University of Chicago M.A., full scholarship
- Harvard University, post-graduate executive education studies
- Richard Beckhard Practice Award for outstanding contribution to the field of family business practice
- Family Firm Institute (FFI) Fellow, the highest level of professional designation within that organization
- Past member of FFI Board of Directors
- Trusts and Estates Advisory Board Committee of Trust and Estates Magazine
- Founding director of the Loyola University Chicago Family Business Center
Drew is married with two adult children. A serious dog lover, he also enjoys gardening, home repair and table tennis with his wife. Drew learned to manage difficult situations with calm and focus while working his way through college as an EMT.